zondag 10 mei 2015

Throne of glass by Sarah J. Maas | Review


I recently finished the first book in the throne of glass series and I decided to write my first review about this book. 

Summery: 


 In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. 


Her name is Celaena Sardothien. 


The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world.
 



my thoughts

Starting this book I had really high expectations. I read and heard a lot about it. I have to say, this book lives up to it's expectations. I really enjoyed the writing style. Overall I liked Throne of glass..I wouldn't say I looooved it, but I am  definitely picking up the second book in the series ( Crown of midnight) :) 

Throne of glass was fast paced, but not too fast. It keeps you reading and after every chapter you want to read further. I think the characters are wel developed. Some more than others and I think that was important to keep you interested. 
Because of the hype I really hesitated if I wanted too read it. I'm glad I finally did. 

The combination of action and romance is really nice in this book. It contains a love triangle, and despite the fact that a lot of people say it doesn't take place in a big part of the book, I think it does. That doesn't mean it bothered me. It was a nice love triangle and it added a nice touch to the book. 

If you're hesitating to read it, like I was. Read it. Just read it! 













4 opmerkingen:

  1. This book is officially on my "To-read list" =) Sounds like a good story!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is lovely Elisabeth! I read Throne of Glass too and had felt the exact same way. Keep it up! Can't wait to read more :]

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Really nice review ! You're going to love Crown of Midinight ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Congrats on starting your blog, Elisabeth! Like you, I hesitated to read Throne of Glass when it first came out because of the hype. Then, I gave in and read it. And I really liked it. I hope you'll love Crown of Midnight. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen